1. SUBMIT OPPOSITION LETTERS TO THE CITY:
The Zoning Board of Appeals will approve or reject this development on October 31st. We need to voice the widespread neighborhood opposition by then. There is a template letter available for your use below.
Please email email@example.com
Email subject: ATTN: Zoning Board of Appeals Christine Araujo, C/O Matthew Fitzgerald Re: BOA733841 – Letter of Opposition to 29 Commonwealth Avenue, Ward -5
THEN CC THE LETTER VIA EMAIL TO THESE CITY OFFICIALS:
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE THE BELOW TEMPLATE FOR YOUR LETTER:
Dear Chairperson Araujo and Members of the Board,
Writing as a resident of (insert my address), I wish to express my strong opposition to the referenced petition seeking to substitute a private club (including a 356 person capacity restaurant, guest rooms, fitness center, valet, and rooftop with amplified music) for the long existing professional offices at 29 Commonwealth Avenue.
I believe that the use of 29 Commonwealth Avenue as a private for profit club is detrimental to the residential quality of life in the Back Bay and more detrimental than the current use.
These more detrimental effects include:
1) Materially extended hours of operation and associated extended hours of noise and activity in a residential community
2) Negative impacts on the existing traffic constraints of the Berkeley Street artery and intersection
3) The multiple deliveries and trucks necessary to serve a large restaurant/bar and hotel
4) Limitations and abuses prevalent with valet parking, especially abusing alley 423 and creating further traffic with cars lined up to valet
5) Negative impact on community parking resources from increased guests, extended hours of operation, and valet use.
6) The impact on alley 423 with regard to valet use, deliveries blocking residents and noise of deliveries
7) Introduction of food born trash in a residential neighborhood and the resulting rodents
8) The noise pollution from rooftop music (recorded) in a residential neighborhood
9) The noise pollution from groups of people eating and drinking on the rooftop in a residential community
10) The loss of housing opportunities from alternative evolution of the property to a conforming residential use.
Thank you in advance for not approving petitions such as this one that adversely impact the neighborhood. I am a proud resident of the Back Bay and hope to enjoy this community for many years to follow.
INSERT MY NAME
2. ATTEND THE BOARD OF APPEALS HEARING:
We need to show strength in numbers and express our opposition in person. This is the final opportunity to show our community opposition.
3. SIGN THIS PETITION DECLARING YOUR OBJECTION TO THE DEVELOPMENT:
Help us raise funds for key measures like an independent up-to-date traffic study and an accurate sound study. It takes a village to protect the village! Every dollar helps. Thank you!